Castlemorton CE Primary School - an Excellent Church School
WELL DONE TO CASTLEMORTON CE PRIMARY FOR BEING JUDGED AN EXCELLENT CHURCH SCHOOL!
Every 5 years, a Church of England school or academy will receive its Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools (SIAMS). A SIAMS inspection focuses on the impact of the Church school's Christian vision on pupils and adults. This involves looking at the school’s Christian vision, the provision the school makes because of this vision and how effective this provision is in enabling all pupils to flourish.
Castlemorton received a judgement of ‘Excellent’ - the highest grade - which is a testament to the hard work and commitment of staff, pupils, parents and Local Academy Board members.
The key findings of the report were as follows;
* The exceptionally strong leadership of the headteacher has created a vibrant Christian community in which all members flourish. Dedicated staff and highly skilled governors share the Christian vision which inspires and directs all aspects of school improvement.
* The school’s innovative approach to curriculum planning and delivery, effectively linked to the vision, is successfully tailored to meet the needs of all pupils, including the most vulnerable.
* Collective worship is relevant and vibrant. Pupils are very involved in worship and confidently plan, lead and evaluate, all of which impact positively on the life of all the pupils.
* Inspirational and challenging religious education (RE) enables all pupils to engage with the big questions of life with confidence and integrity.
* The school has developed exceptional partnerships with other schools in the academy and has an impact on schools through sharing of good practice. This helps to strengthen links and enrich the lives of pupils across the academy.
The report concludes, ‘The understanding by all stakeholders that the Christian vision and values are lived out daily makes a truly transformational difference to the lives of pupils and adults’.