Central Trust Services
The Diocese of Worcester Multi Academy Trust (DOWMAT) supports schools with a comprehensive range of central services, so that school staff and Local Academy Board members can concentrate on continuing to deliver the highest standards of teaching and care to all pupils.
Our central services are funded through a 5% ‘top slice’ from the academy’s income.
The services provided will be kept under constant review by the DOWMAT and, in discussions with the academies, will be developed and amended as required.
Providing an outstanding education for each and every child within the Diocese of Worcester Multi Academy Trust starts with establishing robust foundations on which to build. The Central Trust Services have been developed through a determination to ensure the necessary structures, roles and relationships are in place to support DoWMAT leaders and strengthen academy effectiveness.
- Provision of Trust Members for the DOWMAT
- Provision of Directors/Trustees for the DOWMAT
- Trust salaries including CEO (Accounting Officer), Finance Director (Chief Financial Officer – CFO), Operations Director, Data Protection Officer, Central Finance Team, Academy Improvement Lead, Company Secretary and Central Administration
- Basic telephone and e-mail advice and support as required
- Annual DoWMAT Headteacher conference or equivalent
- Facilitated academy to academy collaborative networks
- Access to and information on education resources via electronic mailings and the DoWMAT website
- Access to new Headteacher Induction / mentoring support
- Strong Trust relationships with the LA, Department for Education (DfE), Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) and Regional Schools Commissioner (RSC) at a strategic DoWMAT level
- Strong Trust relationships with the Diocesan Board of Finance (DBF) and Diocesan Board of Education (DBE)
- Succession planning / talent management
- Risk management at a Trust level
- Support through the Ofsted process
- Crisis Management Support / Bereavement Support
- Support with negotiations with the Local Authority (LA) on all individual academy matters
- Negotiations with the LA on academy matters at a strategic DoWMAT level
- Provision of Company Secretary