Our DoWMAT academies often receive enquiries form people within the community interested in supporting the school as a Volunteer.
We believe Volunteers provide a valuable contribution to the school’s work, and that they enrich the school through the breadth of their knowledge and experience.
We are committed to using Volunteers in a way that supports the school’s strategic aims and vision, as well as its development plan.
At DoWMAT academies, Volunteers may:
- Hear children read
- Accompany school visits
- Work with individual children
- Work with small groups of children
- Support specific curriculum areas, such as ICT or art
Volunteers may be:
- Members of the Local Academy Board
- Former pupils
- Students on work experience
- Local residents
- Friends of the school/members of the PTA / Friends
- Local clergy or members of the congregation
DoWMAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure, two positive references, medical clearance and evidence of appropriate qualifications.
For further information on the role of Volunteers and how to apply to become a Volunteer in one of our DoWMAT academies, please see the documents below;