CPD / Professional Development
Do check this page regularly to find out about the CPD / Professional Development courses we are able to offer our trust schools.
Inspection on the Horizon - led by Mark Lindfield
Friday 11th October 2019
Friday 25th October 2019
Friday 8th November 2019
Mark Lindfield has been an HMI since joining Ofsted in 2007. He is a qualified teacher and regularly leads inspections of mainstream and independent schools and children’s centres. Prior to joining Ofsted, Mark held senior management positions in schools including nine years as headteacher. He has also been a university lecturer in primary education. He has particular expertise in children’s centres, Early Years Foundation Stage and in special educational needs. Mark has made a significant contribution to the development of new inspection frameworks and inspector training. Mark Lindfield has been subject to enhanced DBS disclosures.
Sustainable Church Leadership
This package has been designed to empower our headteachers and senior leaders with the means to secure effective teaching, learning and self-evaluation. Securing pedagogical leadership at all levels is a key challenge for many schools and this course will provide the opportunity to further develop the skills and understanding to do this.
This programme consists of three separate days with practical gap tasks in between. Each day is a balance of practical activities while developing and sharing knowledge of effective teaching, learning and planning for development and accurate self evaluation.
Thursday 19th September 2019 Session 1 — ‘Improving Teaching’
• Undertaking live lesson observation, evaluation and analysis of what constitutes good enough teaching
• Analysing effective pitch, match and pace within lessons
• Identifying lesson elements to rapidly develop the quality of teaching
Gap Task 1— Repeat in school - lesson observations and analysis and in a partner Church school
Thursday 3rd October 2019 Session 2 — ‘Improving Learning’
• Focusing on learning over time, including book scrutiny, tracking progress, school protocols and approaches to monitoring
• Feedback from Gap Task 1
Gap Task 2 — Repeat in school - book scrutiny and in a partner Church school
Friday 18th October 2019 Session 3 — ‘Improving School Development and Self Evaluation’
• Feedback from Gap Task 2
• Identifying teaching and learning strengths and areas for development
• Distinguishing between what must be done / could be done — prioritising areas for development
• Triangulation between self-evaluation, robust monitoring and cohesive development planning