At DoWMAT, we have a core duty to ensure our pupils receive the very best education possible.
To achieve this, it is imperative that the curriculum on offer in each of our academies, is truly world class; engaging pupils and giving them access to the skills and knowledge they will need to become successful, confident, fulfilled adults in the future. To truly transform the lives of our pupils, we must inspire now - and instil in each the confidence to become the very best version of themselves.
Our Trust does not have a standardised curriculum. With our academies serving diverse communities, we have made the decision not to adopt a one size fits all model. Rather, each academy has taken the time to develop its own intent and approach - underpinned by our Christian Vision and our Christian Values - to delivering the key learning their pupils need.
It is our ambition that all pupils within a DoWMAT academy will experience a curriculum that is:
- Ambitious - in content and the knowledge and skills pupils have access to
- Knowledge rich -maximising opportunities to access a wide, global, cultural capital
- Inclusive -enabling all to feel valued, appreciated and allowed to flourish
- Connected - empowering children to recognise and explore links between different subjects and experiences
- Respectful - of the world we live in and the people we meet along the way
- Relevant - matching content to the needs of the pupil; enabling pupils to make informed choices
- Rigorous - systematic and targeted to support pupils in achieving the best outcomes
- Balanced - promoting intellectual, moral, spiritual, social emotional and physical learning
- Focussed - developing deeper understanding of key principles
- Develops character, personal pride and the highest moral standards
- Celebrates diversity, challenges injustice, promotes equality
- We build regular opportunities for staff in our academies to develop their subject knowledge and pedagogy through individual and group training
- Our area Hub groups focus on key aspect of curriculum provision and provide suport across academies
- We encourage staff to attend webinars, training days, and development activities offered by external providers
- The training needs of staff are routinely linked to their development targets and Performance Management
- We deliver bespoke training to new entrants to the profession
- Our Curriculum Research and Development group provides support and challenge for all our academies in aspects of curriculum development
The purpose of this group is to ensure all Trust academies develop and embed a rich, purposeful curriculum with a high focus on intent and implementation which results in pupils developing and remembering detailed knowledge and skills.
Curriculum Implementation- Leading Change for Impact
We would really like your support to make this project a success
Is there something you want to change?
Could someone lead that change other than you?
Would they thrive with the opportunity to make change happen?
Would you be willing to support them with time and money so that the change could be sustained?
Who is the right person for this project? Do you have someone in mind?
Someone who is respected, has good subject knowledge, knows the children well, has experience, listens
Someone who has a good work ethic and constantly reflects on learning and asks the questions what would make this better?
Someone who has the capacity
Someone who has the willingness
Someone who will take the risk
Someone who can listen and adapt
Someone who will not bow to pressure
Someone who can support others
Reply by sending the name and contact details of the person who will lead this change project to email@example.com. Thank you