The Diocese of Worcester Multi Academy Trust (DOWMAT) has been set up by the Diocese of Worcester to enable church schools and non-church schools to be fully supported as they become academies. The DOWMAT will create and sustain a family of academies which provide children of all faiths and none with excellent educational provision within a distinctively caring and supportive Christian ethos.
• The DOWMAT will work with academies so that they are able to realise the benefits of a collaborative approach to sustaining and developing excellent educational provision.
• The vision is to build a community of learning where staff and pupils can realise their potential and enjoy life in all its fullness. The DOWMAT will support leaders at all levels so that they have the capability and drive to effectively manage change, in an ever shifting educational landscape.
• The DOWMAT will adopt a collegiate approach to developing communities of excellence, working in partnership with schools and our educational partners to design flexible models of working which fully utilise the expertise which exists within local schools.
• The DOWMAT will build on the current effective practice within the Diocese of Worcester, where 93% of all church schools are good or outstanding, so that clusters of schools can grow together.
• The DOWMAT will provide half termly school improvement to ensure that standards within the DOWMAT are of the highest calibre and that expectations in all our school are clearly articulated and understood by all stakeholders.
2. Sir Roger Fry
3. Bishop Graham, Bishop of Dudley
4. Hugh Richards (Chair of the Directors / Trustees)
The DoWMAT Board (Directors)
1. Hugh Richards (Chair)
2. Phil Mitchell (Vice Chair)
3. Margaret James
4. Claire Davies (CEO)
5. Alan Soper 6. Rev. Ruth Walker
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Executive responsibility for the day to day management of DOWMAT will lie with the CEO, who will report formally to the board on a monthly basis.
Executive Leadership Team
Made up of the Trust CEO and each academy Headteacher and Executive Headteachers.
Local Academy Boards
Each academy within the Worcester Diocese Academy Trust (DoWMAT) retains its own Local Governing Body. However, to reflect the change in legal status from pre-academisation “Governing Bodies”, and the fact that they are expected to act as “Boards” at a local level in holding their executive (the Headteacher and SLT) to account, these will be renamed Local Academy Boards.